A New World: Taken
More product info
From John O'Brien
We're refreshing the the report to provide the most up-to-date data available.
This should only take a few moments.
Top products in Horror with authentic reviews:
Most Trusted Reviews
- Unverified Purchaser
- Take-Back Reviewer (4 deleted Reviews; avg. rating: 4.0)
- Critical Reviewer (avg. rating: 3.8)
Least Trusted Reviews
- Unverified Purchaser
- Created on a high volume day
- Overrepresented word count (26 words)
- Contains repetitive phrases (show)
- Brand Loyalist (6 of 12 reviews for this brand; avg rating: 5.0)
- Overlapping Review History: reviewed 1 of 9 top products
- Overrepresented Participation (posted 12 Reviews)
- Easy Grader (avg. rating: 5.0)
- Created over 17 days
We counted 333 reviews for this product over the span of 2,571 days, an average of 0.1 reviews per day. If these reviews were created randomly, there would be a 99.9% chance that we would see 2 or fewer reviews on any given day.
However, we see the following 17 days exceeding this threshold:
267 of the 333 reviewers have reviewed other products for this brand. This is an excessively large percentage of Brand Repeaters which may indicate unnatural reviews.
45 of the 333 reviewers have reviewed multiple products but half or more of their reviews are for this brand. This is an excessively large percentage of Brand Loyalists which may indicate unnatural reviews.
85 of the 333 reviewers have had at least one of their past reviews for another product deleted. This is an excessively large percentage of Take-Back Reviewers which may indicate unnatural reviews.
4.6 Product's Average Ease Score
4.3 Category's Average Ease Score
Read more about our Reviewer Ease test.
57 of the 333 total reviews for this product use substantial repetitive phrases between them. These reviewers have rated this product an average of 4.9 while reviews without substantial repetitive phrases rated this product an average of 4.8. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
We discovered a total of 7 deleted Reviews for this product, with an average rating of 5. Even though deleted reviews don't affect the average rating, the fact that action was taken to delete reviews raises some red flags about the integrity of the reviews for the product as whole.
There are a few limitations to keep in mind regarding the Deleted Reviews test:
- We don't have a magic ability to collect every single deleted review; we can only identify reviews as deleted if we collect them on one date and then notice they are no longer visible on a subsequent date.
- We have no information on reviews that were never published in the first place.
- We also don't know why these reviews were removed. It could be action from the platform, personal decision by the review author, part of an entire account closure, even some data error on our part, etc.
5.0 average rating of deleted reviews
Show distribution of deleted reviews
51% also reviewed:
A New World: Awakening (Volume 5) by Brand: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
211 of the 333 reviewers have substantial overlapping product review history. While this is more than we'd expect to see, it does not appear to have a significant impact on the overall rating.
- From reviewers with an overrepresented participation
We see the following 2 participation groups with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
53 of the 333 total reviews for this product are unverified purchases. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
Unverified purchases may be the result of Kindle Unlimited readers, buyers who didn't pay full price, or reviewers who did not purchase the product at Amazon. Read more about our Unverified Purchases test.
- Have an overrepresented word count
In the graph above, we can see the distribution of review word counts for this product and the expected distribution for this category. We see the following 1 group with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
- Admitted to receiving an incentive
Read more about our Incentivized Reviews test. Check out our study showing that Incentivized Reviewers are much more likely to leave a positive review.