BACtrack

Identifying Fake Reviews on Our Own Products

We've seen an influx of fraudulent review activity on our own products by our competitors. Has anyone used ReviewMeta to filter through and identify fraudulent reviews on their own products?

• Like 1

I've done a little bit of consulting work helping write reports for sellers who suspect that their competitors are trying to attack them.  The problem is that it's always difficult to "prove" that a review is fake, and then also getting Amazon to respond or take any action is never guaranteed.

Then the other thing I've seen is that some brand owners (not saying that you're doing this) will claim that every negative review about their business or product is fake.  Sometimes people believe in their products so much that they can't believe someone wouldn't like it.

Last, I've seen brand owners actually start to get a bunch of negative reviews because a competing seller slipped in and started offering a knock-off product under the same listing for a lower price.

• Like 1