ReviewMeta.com Press & Media
Are you doing a story on inauthentic reviews? Get an expert to weigh in with insights, data and over a decade of experience in the industry.
Tommy Noonan, founder of ReviewMeta.com, has been featured in dozens of high-profile articles and national broadcasts since launching the site in 2016.
Contact Tommy Noonan at Tommy (at) ReviewMeta.com
At a Glance
- ReviewMeta.com is a free tool that analyzes reviews and helps consumers identify inauthentic or biased reviews.
- Consumers can copy and paste any Amazon product URL into ReviewMeta.com’s search bar, or use the free browser extension to generate a report.
- ReviewMeta was launched in 2016 and currently assists over 10,000 visitors a day.
- Tommy Noonan has over a dozen years experience in the online review space, and has even served as an expert witness in a case involving fraudulent reviews.
- ReviewMeta has a database of over 100 million Amazon reviews which can be used to answer a lot of questions journalists may have about reviews on Amazon.
As Amazon continues dominate e-commerce, there’s an ever-growing incentive for sellers and merchants to acquire positive reviews – even if these reviews aren’t completely authentic. Amazon has an impossible job of policing the reviews, and the data shows that millions of unnatural reviews are still making their way into the limelight.
ReviewMeta.com was started in 2016 by Tommy Noonan as a way to increase transparency for consumers who are shopping on Amazon.com. For any product on Amazon, ReviewMeta.com will run the reviews through their algorithm, estimate which may be created unnaturally, and then recalculate the product rating based only on the “natural” looking reviews.
As part of this process, ReviewMeta has collected hundreds of millions of reviews from Amazon and has a wealth of data to draw insights from. One of the earliest and most noteworthy insights provided by ReviewMeta was that incentivized reviews are much more positive than non-incentivized reviews, which was followed by Amazon banning these types of reviews only 3 weeks later.
Since then, Tommy Noonan has continued to leverage this data and his experience to help journalists better understand the entire review picture on Amazon – working with writers from dozens of different outlets on several major stories.
Here are some recent stories which featured Tommy Noonan and ReviewMeta.com:
“These days it is very hard to sell anything on Amazon if you play fairly,” said Tommy Noonan, who operates ReviewMeta, a website that helps consumers spot suspicious Amazon reviews
All the sellers on Amazon are getting hurt by this because there are a few that don’t play by the rules…
– Good Morning America: New Report on Fake Amazon Reviews (4/25/2018)
But Tommy Noonan, CEO of ReviewMeta, a site that analyzes Amazon listings, said what he calls “unnatural reviews” — that is, reviews, that his algorithm indicates might be fake — have returned to the platform…
“Sellers are trying to game the system and there’s a lot of money on the table,” said Tommy Noonan, who runs ReviewMeta, a US-based website that analyses online reviews.
Noonan says he sees a high concentration of these fake reviews in supplements, diet pills, testosterone boosters, hair growing products, teeth whitening, and cheaper electronics like backup batteries or iPhone cords…
Tommy Noonan, founder of product review analysis site ReviewMeta, says concerns that Amazon’s deletions serve as a cover-up of negative press is false, according to his data.