A Better Man: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel
More product info
From Louise Penny
Our full report will examine much more data, but requires considerably more processing power. Enter your email to receive a notification when the full report is complete.
Most Trusted Reviews
- Verified Purchaser
- Easy Grader (avg. rating: 4.5)
Least Trusted Reviews
- Unverified Purchaser
- Created on a high volume day
- Contains repetitive phrases (show)
- Take-Back Reviewer (5 deleted reviews; avg. rating: 4.0)
- Brand Repeater (8 of 586 reviews for this brand; avg rating: 5.0)
- Overlapping Review History: reviewed 8 of 9 top products
- Critical Reviewer (avg. rating: 4.0)
156 of the 828 total reviews for this product are unverified purchases. The unverified purchasers have rated this product an average of 3.1 while the verified purchasers have rated this product an average of 4.3. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
Unverified purchases may be the result of Kindle Unlimited readers, buyers who didn't pay full price, or reviewers who did not purchase the product at Amazon. Read more about our Unverified Purchases test.
Read more about our Rating Trend test.
Approximately 30% of reviewers have had at least one of their past reviews for another product deleted. While this is more Take-Back Reviewers than we'd expect to see, the discrepancy in ratings between the Take-Back Reviewers and reviewers who don't have any deleted reviews in their history isn't significant enough to rule out the possibility of it being due to random chance.
Approximately 15% of reviews use substantial repetitive phrases between them. This is an excessively large percentage which may indicate unnatural reviews.
- Have an overrepresented word count
Read more about our Word Count Comparison test.
~20% also reviewed:
How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache... by Penny, Louise/ Cosham, Ralph (NRT)
<10% also reviewed:
A Rule Against Murder (An Armand Gamache - Three... by Penny, Louise/ Cosham, Ralph (NRT)
Approximately 40% of reviewers have substantial overlapping product review history. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
4.1 Product's Average Ease Score
4.3 Category's Average Ease Score
Read more about our Reviewer Ease test.
- Admitted to receiving an incentive
Read more about our Incentivized Reviews test, or check out our study showing that Incentivized Reviewers are much more likely to leave a positive review.
- Reviews have been deleted
There are a few limitations to keep in mind regarding the Deleted Reviews test:
- We don't have a magic ability to collect every single deleted review; we can only identify reviews as deleted if we collect them on one date and then notice they are no longer visible on a subsequent date.
- We have no information on reviews that were never published in the first place.
- We also don't know why these reviews were removed. It could be action from the platform, personal decision by the review author, part of an entire account closure, even some data error on our part, etc.