Marvel’s Spider-Man - PlayStation 4
More product info
From Sony Computer Entertainment
We're refreshing the the report to provide the most up-to-date data available.
This should only take a few moments.
Note: We only analyze "reviews" and ignore one-tap "ratings".
Most Trusted Reviews
- Verified Purchaser
- Take-Back Reviewer (1 deleted Review; avg. rating: 5.0)
- Overlapping Review History: reviewed 1 of 9 top products
- Easy Grader (avg. rating: 4.4)
Least Trusted Reviews
- Verified Purchaser
- Overrepresented word count (8 words)
- Contains repetitive phrases (show)
- Single-Day Reviewer (posted all reviews on Sep 15, 2018)
- Overrepresented Participation (posted 3 Reviews)
- Easy Grader (avg. rating: 4.3)
44 of the 2,064 reviewers have written multiple reviews but posted all of them on a single day. The Single-Day reviewers have rated this product an average of 4.9 while all other reviewers rated this product an average of 4.6. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
- Have an overrepresented word count
In the graph above, we can see the distribution of review word counts for this product and the expected distribution for this category. We see the following 1 group with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
89 of the 2,064 total reviews for this product use substantial repetitive phrases between them. These reviewers have rated this product an average of 5.0 while reviews without substantial repetitive phrases rated this product an average of 4.6. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
We discovered a total of 12 deleted Reviews for this product, with an average rating of 3.6. Even though deleted reviews don't affect the average rating, the fact that action was taken to delete reviews raises some red flags about the integrity of the reviews for the product as whole.
There are a few limitations to keep in mind regarding the Deleted Reviews test:
- We don't have a magic ability to collect every single deleted review; we can only identify reviews as deleted if we collect them on one date and then notice they are no longer visible on a subsequent date.
- We have no information on reviews that were never published in the first place.
- We also don't know why these reviews were removed. It could be action from the platform, personal decision by the review author, part of an entire account closure, even some data error on our part, etc.
3.6 average rating of deleted reviews
Show distribution of deleted reviews
- Created over 13 days
We counted 2,064 reviews for this product over the span of 384 days, an average of 5.4 reviews per day. If these reviews were created randomly, there would be a 99.9% chance that we would see 14 or fewer reviews on any given day.
However, we see the following 13 days exceeding this threshold:
- From reviewers with an overrepresented participation
We see the following 2 participation groups with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
330 of the 2,064 total reviews for this product are unverified purchases. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
Unverified purchases may be the result of Kindle Unlimited readers, buyers who didn't pay full price, or reviewers who did not purchase the product at Amazon. Read more about our Unverified Purchases test.
2% also reviewed:
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4... by Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
215 of the 2,064 reviewers have substantial overlapping product review history. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
4.4 Product's Average Ease Score
4.3 Category's Average Ease Score
Read more about our Reviewer Ease test.
101 of the 2,064 reviewers have reviewed other products for this brand. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
- Admitted to receiving an incentive
Read more about our Incentivized Reviews test. Check out our study showing that Incentivized Reviewers are much more likely to leave a positive review.