Meltonian Boot and Shoe Cream Polish, 1.55 Ounces
More product info
Refresh the report to view the most up-to-date data available:
Most Trusted Reviews
- Verified Purchaser
- Critical Reviewer (avg. rating: 2.8)
Least Trusted Reviews
- Verified Purchaser
- Created on a high volume day
- Take-Back Reviewer (5 deleted reviews; avg. rating: 4.4)
- Brand Repeater (2 of 239 reviews for this brand; avg rating: 5.0)
- Overlapping Review History: reviewed 1 of 9 top products
- Easy Grader (avg. rating: 4.5)
- Created over 11 days
We counted 1,731 reviews for this product over the span of 3,668 days, an average of 0.5 reviews per day. If these reviews were created randomly, there would be a 99.9% chance that we would see 4 or fewer reviews on any given day.
However, we see the following 11 days exceeding this threshold:
321 of the 1,731 reviewers have had at least one of their past reviews for another product deleted. This is an excessively large percentage of Take-Back Reviewers which may indicate unnatural reviews.
61 of the 1,731 total reviews for this product use substantial repetitive phrases between them. These reviewers have rated this product an average of 4.7 while reviews without substantial repetitive phrases rated this product an average of 4.4. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
2% also reviewed:
Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, Best Leather... by Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
from the same brand
210 of the 1,731 reviewers have substantial overlapping product review history. These reviewers have rated this product an average of 4.6 while the reviewers who have a more unique product review history rated this product an average of 4.4. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
We discovered a total of 80 deleted reviews for this product, with an average rating of 4.7. Even though deleted reviews don't affect the average rating, the fact that action was taken to delete reviews raises some red flags about the integrity of the reviews for the product as whole.
There are a few limitations to keep in mind regarding the Deleted Reviews test:
- We don't have a magic ability to collect every single deleted review; we can only identify reviews as deleted if we collect them on one date and then notice they are no longer visible on a subsequent date.
- We have no information on reviews that were never published in the first place.
- We also don't know why these reviews were removed. It could be action from the platform, personal decision by the review author, part of an entire account closure, even some data error on our part, etc.
4.7 average rating of deleted reviews
Show distribution of deleted reviews
- From reviewers with an overrepresented participation
We see the following 1 participation group with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
105 of the 1,731 total reviews for this product are unverified purchases. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
Unverified purchases may be the result of Kindle Unlimited readers, buyers who didn't pay full price, or reviewers who did not purchase the product at Amazon. Read more about our Unverified Purchases test.
- Have an overrepresented word count
Read more about our Word Count Comparison test.
4.3 Product's Average Ease Score
4.3 Category's Average Ease Score
Read more about our Reviewer Ease test.
107 of the 1,731 reviewers have reviewed other products for this brand. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
- Admitted to receiving an incentive
Read more about our Incentivized Reviews test, or check out our study showing that Incentivized Reviewers are much more likely to leave a positive review.