Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Salutes the Armed Forces
More product info
From Bathroom Readers' Institute
We're refreshing the the report to provide the most up-to-date data available.
This should only take a few moments.
Most Trusted Reviews
- Unverified Purchaser
- Take-Back Reviewer (13 deleted Reviews; avg. rating: 4.4)
- Overlapping Review History: reviewed 1 of 9 top products
- Critical Reviewer (avg. rating: 4.0)
Least Trusted Reviews
- Verified Purchaser
- Contains repetitive phrases (show)
- One-Hit Wonder
- Overrepresented Participation (posted 1 Review)
- Easy Grader (avg. rating: 5.0)
20 of the 191 reviewers have only reviewed this product. While this is more One-Hit Wonders than we'd expect to see, the discrepancy in ratings between the One-Hit Wonders and reviewers who have posted more than one review isn't significant enough to rule out the possibility of it being due to random chance.
70 of the 191 reviewers have had at least one of their past reviews for another product deleted. This is an excessively large percentage of Take-Back Reviewers which may indicate unnatural reviews.
6 of the 191 reviewers have written multiple reviews but posted all of them on a single day. The Single-Day reviewers have rated this product an average of 3.8 while all other reviewers rated this product an average of 4.7. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
4.5 Product's Average Ease Score
4.3 Category's Average Ease Score
Read more about our Reviewer Ease test.
36 of the 191 total reviews for this product use substantial repetitive phrases between them. These reviewers have rated this product an average of 4.9 while reviews without substantial repetitive phrases rated this product an average of 4.6. Based on our statistical modeling, the discrepancy in average rating between these two groups is significant enough to believe that the difference is not due to random chance, and may indicate that there are unnatural reviews.
- Created over 15 days
We counted 191 reviews for this product over the span of 5,913 days, an average of 0.0 reviews per day. If these reviews were created randomly, there would be a 99.9% chance that we would see 1 or fewer reviews on any given day.
However, we see the following 15 days exceeding this threshold:
- From reviewers with an overrepresented participation
We see the following 2 participation groups with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
17 of the 191 total reviews for this product are unverified purchases. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
Unverified purchases may be the result of Kindle Unlimited readers, buyers who didn't pay full price, or reviewers who did not purchase the product at Amazon. Read more about our Unverified Purchases test.
- Have an overrepresented word count
Read more about our Word Count Comparison test.
4% also reviewed:
Uncle John's True Crime: A Classic Collection of... by Bathroom Readers' Institute (COR)
3% also reviewed:
Uncle John's Perpetually Pleasing Bathroom Reader... by Bathroom Readers' Institute
32 of the 191 reviewers have substantial overlapping product review history. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
11 of the 191 reviewers have reviewed other products for this brand. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
- Admitted to receiving an incentive
Read more about our Incentivized Reviews test. Check out our study showing that Incentivized Reviewers are much more likely to leave a positive review.
- Reviews have been deleted
There are a few limitations to keep in mind regarding the Deleted Reviews test:
- We don't have a magic ability to collect every single deleted review; we can only identify reviews as deleted if we collect them on one date and then notice they are no longer visible on a subsequent date.
- We have no information on reviews that were never published in the first place.
- We also don't know why these reviews were removed. It could be action from the platform, personal decision by the review author, part of an entire account closure, even some data error on our part, etc.