You May Also Like: Taste in an Age of Endless Choice
More product info
From Tom Vanderbilt
Refresh the report to view the most up-to-date data available:
Top products in Advertising with authentic reviews:
Most Trusted Reviews
- Unverified Purchaser
- Critical Reviewer (avg. rating: 4.0)
Least Trusted ReviewsWe couldn't find any low-quality reviews
19 of the 35 reviewers have had at least one of their past reviews for another product deleted. This is an excessively large percentage of Take-Back Reviewers which may indicate unnatural reviews.
We discovered a total of 1 deleted review for this product, with an average rating of 2. Even though deleted reviews don't affect the average rating, the fact that action was taken to delete reviews raises some red flags about the integrity of the reviews for the product as whole.
There are a few limitations to keep in mind regarding the Deleted Reviews test:
- We don't have a magic ability to collect every single deleted review; we can only identify reviews as deleted if we collect them on one date and then notice they are no longer visible on a subsequent date.
- We have no information on reviews that were never published in the first place.
- We also don't know why these reviews were removed. It could be action from the platform, personal decision by the review author, part of an entire account closure, even some data error on our part, etc.
2.0 average rating of deleted reviews
Show distribution of deleted reviews
- Created over 1 day
We counted 35 reviews for this product over the span of 319 days, an average of 0.1 reviews per day. If these reviews were created randomly, there would be a 99.9% chance that we would see 2 or fewer reviews on any given day.
However, we see the following 1 day exceeding this threshold:
13 of the 35 total reviews for this product use substantial repetitive phrases between them. This is an excessively large percentage which may indicate unnatural reviews.
- From reviewers with an overrepresented participation
We see the following 1 participation group with a statistically significant greater concentration than what we'd expect to see:
11 of the 35 total reviews for this product are unverified purchases. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
Unverified purchases may be the result of Kindle Unlimited readers, buyers who didn't pay full price, or reviewers who did not purchase the product at Amazon. Read more about our Unverified Purchases test.
- Have an overrepresented word count
Read more about our Word Count Comparison test.
14% also reviewed:
The Eureka Factor: Aha Moments, Creative Insight,... by Kounios, John/ Beeman, Mark
16 of the 35 reviewers have substantial overlapping product review history. This is within an acceptable range and it does not appear to be significantly affecting the overall rating for this product.
4.1 Product's Average Ease Score
4.4 Category's Average Ease Score
Read more about our Reviewer Ease test.
- Admitted to receiving an incentive
Read more about our Incentivized Reviews test, or check out our study showing that Incentivized Reviewers are much more likely to leave a positive review.